The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Volunteering Award
This year, The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) is running a special additional award to commemorate the Platinum Jubilee. This award has been set up to recognise excellent charities working at the national level to empower young people (16 to 25) and provide them with skills and opportunities, with volunteers playing a key role in delivering this work.
Applications will be submitted directly by national charities during May to mid-June. ‘National’ could mean either UK-wide or with a reach across the whole of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
- 5 May 2022: advertised via national media and specialist networks
- 17 June 2022: deadline for applications
- July to September 2022: applications judged and final awardees agreed
- late October 2022: 20 awardees announced in The Gazette and other media
- late November: presentation event
Applications will be judged by a panel chaired by Sir Martyn Lewis CBE (QAVS Chair).