The Coronation of King Charles lll and Queen Camilla
The Coronation of King Charles lll and Queen Camilla will take place on Saturday 6th May 2023 with a weekend of events across the country and a special bank holiday on the Monday.
The Somerset Lieutenancy will be taking an active part in events across Somerset, to help residents plan to make the most if this special weekend the following links may assist:
- The Royal website is regularly updated royal.uk
- The Big Sunday Lunch team, supported by the Eden Project, provide downloadable resources for those planning a Big Lunch event. The Big Lunch 2023 | Eden Project Communities
- The Big Help Out Monday is the opportunity for businesses and individuals to make a difference: https://thebighelpout.org.uk
- Dept Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) provide information and encouragement to get involved : Get involved – Coronation of His Majesty The King & Her Majesty The Queen Consort
- Church of England : C of E website provides encouragement and resources The Coronation of King Charles III | The Church of England
Somerset Council and North Somerset Council provide helpful links about the Coronation weekend:
It is hoped these initiatives will bring communities together and create a legacy from the Coronation weekend.
The Lord Lieutenant and his Deputy Lieutenants will be taking part in events across the County and if the Somerset Lieutenancy can help please contact us.
There is a Coronation Emblem which may be used free of charge by communities, businesses and other organisations or individuals who wish to use it for Coronation-related events and materials.